Winter Vs. Summer Pest Control Service
As the nights grow colder, many people assume that pests are no longer a problem. However, this is not always the case. In fact, many pests are just as active in the winter as they are in the summer.
One reason for this is that pests are looking for warmth and shelter during the winter months. Homes provide an ideal environment for pests, as they are warm and dry. Additionally, many homes have plenty of food and water sources for pests to survive on.
Another reason why pests can be a problem in the winter is that some pests are active year-round. For example, termites and carpenter ants are two pests that can cause significant damage to homes, even in the winter.
Additionally, even pests that are not typically active in the winter can become a problem if they are able to find a way into your home. For example, mice and rats can squeeze through very small openings, and they are often able to find their way into homes through cracks in the foundation or around doors and windows.
Pest Control Is needed during cooler months as much as it is During warmer weather
- Many pests seek shelter indoors during the winter. As temperatures drop, pests such as rodents, cockroaches, and spiders will look for warm, dry places to stay. Homes are ideal targets for these pests, as they provide a steady food and water supply.
- Some pests, such as termites and carpenter ants, are active year-round. These pests can cause significant damage to homes, even in the winter.
- Pests can still reproduce indoors during the winter. For example, female cockroaches can produce hundreds of eggs in their lifetime, and even a single female mouse can produce up to 50 offspring per year.
- Pests can carry diseases. Rodents, in particular, can transmit a number of serious diseases, including hantavirus and salmonellosis.
Benefits of Pest Control During Cooler Months:
- Pest professionals can identify and treat existing pest infestations. They have the knowledge and experience to identify the type of pest you have and develop a treatment plan to get rid of them.
- Pest professionals can help prevent future pest infestations. They can inspect your home for potential entry points and seal them up to keep pests out.
- Pest professionals can use safe and effective pest control methods. They have access to a variety of pest control products and treatments that are not available to the general public.
If you see any signs of pests in your home during the cooler months, be sure to contact a pest professional right away. They can help you get rid of the pests and protect your family from potential health hazards.